The sun-protective Hiker's Hat is designed with an evaporative cooling insert, powered by HyperKewl™, to help relieve heat stress during treks. A rear brim loop provides a place to securely clip your Hat in place when not in use. These unique features, plus all the usual Tilley® Hat benefits make this the ultimate Hat for the trail.
• Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given
• An abundance of shade - broad brim protects from both sun & rain
• Keeping cool - the HyperKewl™ Evaporative cooling material absorbs & slowly releases water through evaporation to help ‘super charge’ the body’s natural cooling process
• 3/4" mesh insert around the top provides extra ventilation
• Front & back wind cords system secures Hat in gusty conditions
• Water-repellent finish keeps off the rain
• Pocket in crown holds the insert and is made with mesh to help increase airflow for maximum evaporation
• Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
• A rear brim loop provides a place to securely clip your Hat in place when not in use
• Guaranteed for life
• Made in Canada
Brim size: Front & back: 3 1/2”; Sides: 2 1/2”
Weight: 3.8oz / 108 grams
Fabric: Hat: 98% organic cotton; 2% spandex - lightweight, breathable, sueded for a soft touch & with some give for a comfort fit HyperKewl™ Evaporative Insert: 100% polyester mesh on the outside; interior is 53% polymer fibres; 47% cellulose fibres
Care: Remove HyperKewl™ insert before washing hat. Machine wash hat in cool water, delicate cycle or hand wash; Reshape & air-dry.
How to use your HyperKewl™ Evaporative Insert: Soak the insert in cold water for up to 5 minutes – insert into the Hat. The airflow through the mesh panel will start the evaporative cooling process. The cooling insert is expected to provide temperatures that are approx. 10 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than ambient temperature depending on airflow. It will not feel like an air-conditionner on your head – it will super charge the natural evaporation process to help you feel comfortable on the trail. High humidity will diminish the fabric’s ability to evaporate water.
How to Find Your Tilley Hat Size
|Find a piece of string or a fabric tape measure. Alternatively, you can use anything flexible that you can wrap around your head.|
|Wrap the tape measure or string straight around your head making sure it sits flat and comfortable, just above your eyebrows. Make sure you don't measure your head on an angle.|
|Note the number on the tape measure or compare the string measurement to a ruler.|
|Look up the measurement on the chart below to find your Tilley hat size.|
Tilley Hat Size